How do I see communication and critical thinking impacting my role as a leader in my future workplace? 

Great communication skills would allow me to be able to pass down information or ideas clearly and concisely to my team members and critical thinking would allow me to find logical solutions to problems faced based on data and research.  

As someone who has worked in the government sector before, I have witnessed firsthand what implications poor communication can have especially when it involves people from different ministries working together. A breakdown in communication causes confusion which leads to more problems and more time spent trying to solve them. It could also lead to unhappiness and distrust among all parties involved which could lead to further communication breakdowns. Therefore, a great leader must be able to communicate effectively with their team members to eliminate any ambiguities that could lead to further problems. 

Communication and critical thinking are not mutually exclusive; both are integral to being a competent leader. Being able to convey information or messages with clarity requires one to know how to structure their messages so that it could be delivered as concisely as possible to eliminate any ambiguities.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Descriptive reflection

Task 3

Critical Reflection